Portfolio Manager (Human Health)
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Business Development function. Responsibilities include research, analysis, monitoring, and support for pipeline strategy and business development opportunities, by synthesising data from the following, but not limited to, areas: market,
financial, medical scientific rationale, regulatory and other. Develop, coordinate, and manage research
findings into concise product files and/or presentations. In this role you will report into Head of Medical Business.
• Identify and develop first instance assessment of potential product development opportunities.
• Provide periodic reviews of market data, database listings, and competitive intelligence for
consistent flow of new product development or acquisition opportunities.
• Build and maintain a product data repository for both the portfolio and pipeline products.
• Build and maintain financial models for new opportunities and maintain financial models for the existing
• Develop complex pipeline analysis for innovative products including scientific rationale.
• Contributes to the definition of the overall company strategy by developing budgets and doing
market analysis to support the decision-making process.
• Aligns strategies with the future pipeline as well as completes business case proposals for the
development of new products that represent a unique opportunity to meet local customer needs.
• Develop complex analysis for selection of products to bring to R&D of the company (including
generics and innovative products) and if necessary, liaises with internal departments to lead the
feasibility phase until the project goes live.
• Database/Tracker that summarises product info, key findings, decisions and action items.
• Support pipeline prioritisation and decision-making of future development, acquisition, and current
development projects by using different databases, monitoring industry conditions, and internal
• Communicates relevant information to ensure portfolio optimisation.
• Support business case development and financial analysis for business development activities.
• Identify, approach, negotiate and manage relationships with existing or prospective development
• Negotiate term sheets, letter of intent and definitive agreements with prospective development or
co-development partners, contract research organisations and contract manufacturing organisation
• Identify, negotiate and manage the relationship with co-development partners
JOB DESCRIPTION / SPECIFICATION:
• Monitor competitor activities for pipeline and on-market products, manage dashboards and report
to business leaders to help make informed decisions.
• Closely collaborating with key business partners (Business Development, R&D, Regulatory, Patent
experts, API Sourcing)
• Coordinate with internal departments and external development partners to monitor the
development status of in-house pipeline projects in terms of timelines, budget and main risks;
• Other responsibilities that inherent to the activities that need to be developed that contribute to the
management of the portfolio of the company as well as the selection and development of new
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Be detail oriented, results-oriented and ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
• Work well under pressure, excellent organisational abilities, set and meet deadlines, be able to
handle several priorities in a day; be dependable, adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required, deliver clear, effective communication and takes
responsibility for understanding others.
• Evidences passion for the organization, our people, and the difference we make daily in improving
the lives and health of people.
• Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business
results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
• Explores and advances opportunities to develop novel solutions and approaches to the improvement
of processes and services.
• Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by
drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources.
• Pharma related study (Pharmacy, Chemical, Medicine or others) and additional advanced degree in
statistics, data science or management is a plus.
• Advanced English skills.
• Solid computer skills, using MS Office in particularly Excel and SalesForce.
• Experience with pharmaceutical market-related databases (including IQVIA).
• Strong familiarity with various regulatory authorities websites such as the HPRA, FDA, or others.
• Must have very strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Health & Safety requirements:
• Office base or home office