Business Analyst – Pipeline and Business Development
Responsibilities include research, analysis, monitoring, and support for pipeline strategy and business development opportunities, by synthesizing data from the following, but not limited to, areas: market, financial, medical scientific rationale, regulatory and other. Develop, coordinate, and manage research findings into concise product files and/or presentations.
In this role you will report into Head of Medical Business.
- Identify and develop first instance assessment of potential product development opportunities.
- Provide periodic reviews of market data, database listings, and competitive intelligence for consistent flow of new product development or acquisition opportunities.
- Build and maintain a product data repository for both the portfolio and pipeline products.
- Build and maintain financial models for new opportunities and maintain financial models for existing pipeline
- Develop complex pipeline analysis for innovative products including scientific rationale
- Contributes to the definition of the overall company strategy by developing budgets and doing market analysis to support the decision making process.
- Aligns strategies with the future pipeline as well as completes business case proposals for the development of new products that represent a unique opportunity to meet local customer needs.
- Is able to develop complex analysis for selection of products to bring to R&D of the company (including generics and innovative products) and if necessary, liaises with internal departments to lead the feasibility phase until the project goes live.
- Database/Tracker that summarizes product info, key findings, decisions and action items.
- Support pipeline prioritization and decision-making of future development, acquisition, and current development projects by using different databases, monitoring industry conditions, and internal progress.
- Communicates relevant information to ensure portfolio optimization.
- Support business case development and financial analysis for business development activities.
- Maintain relationships with existing prospective development partners
- Monitor competitor activities for pipeline and on-market products, manage dashboards and report to business leaders to help make informed decisions.
- Closely collaborating with key business partners (Business Development, R&D, Regulatory, Patent experts, API Sourcing)
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, results-oriented and ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Work well under pressure, excellent organisational abilities, set and meet deadlines, be able to handle several priorities in a day; be dependable, adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, deliver clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Evidences passion for the organization, our people, and the difference we make daily in improving the lives and health of people.
- Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Explores and advances opportunities to develop novel solutions and approaches to the improvement of processes and services.
- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources
- Pharma related study (Pharmacy, Chemical, Medicine or others) and additional advanced degree in statistics, data science or management is a plus.
- Advanced English skills.
- Solid computer skills, using MS Office in particularly Excel and SalesForce.
- Experience with pharmaceutical market-related databases (including IQVIA).
- Strong familiarity with various regulatory authorities websites such as the HPRA, FDA, or others.
- Must have very strong analytical and interpersonal skills.