Buyer – Permanent Full Time
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Supply Chain function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Purchasing Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing components for our production facility.
- Developing long term partnerships with key suppliers
- Negotiating pricing to give us the optimum delivery performance & security of supply at the lowest cost
- Identifying/procuring and controlling raw materials requirements consumed in the manufacture of finished product using MRP.
- Ensuring the correct inventories are in place as specified in Approved Master list
- Co-ordinating purchasing activities relating to suppliers, equipment and tools in accordance with the company documented requirements.
- Work closely with other members of the Operation, including Planning, Product Launch , QA/QC, Finance, Customer Service and R+D to identify & minimise risks to supply chain in order to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Maintain MRP and computerised ordering system. This includes the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up of order confirmations. Also, responsible for System accuracy, controlling and maintaining raw material stock checks
- Interface on an ongoing basis with vendors, establish/agree schedules/ due dates which support Company requirements Visit suppliers and Trade shows where appropriate.
- Manage Supplier Evaluation and report on quarterly performance
- Work closely with Planning and Chief Operating Officer to meet required inventory targets
- Ensure full compliance with GMP, HSE and Corporate Citizenship requirements
- Identify areas of Continuous Improvement within the Supply Process to reduce the total cost.
- Contribute and help to drive improvements for efficiencies in the Dept
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and ultimate aims of the business is important role-modelling.
- A self starter with excellent motivational and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in ERP
- PC competence
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation. Professional expertise.
- A relevant Supply Chain Qualification (APICs or equivalent)
- 5 years experience in a fast moving, competitive environment dealing with global suppliers
- 3 years + experience in a similar role, pharmaceutical/healthcare experience would be an advantage.
- Strong Negotiation skills