Exports Business Development Manager - Asia Pacific
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
The global animal health business has a strong focus on increasing the human and animal bond coupled with improving the profitability of production animals. Centric to this mission is providing effective solutions in a pharmaceutical capacity, delivering quality solutions and products. Chanelle has a strong pipeline to meet this vision which is shared amongst the top ten global companies. This position within the Chanelle export team will be pivotal in ensuring Chanelle performs as the strategic partner for the current and future business of each key animal health company.
The Business Development Manager for the export team is a key role within the Chanelle business and delivering the short, medium and long-term business goals aligned. The primary focus is to achieve or succeed the sales and margin budgets from the product range across the designated accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and growing the key customer relationship within the Export market and promoting the Chanelle branded and own-label manufactured products.
This role will focus on the current and planned strategic initiatives and the successful candidate will utilise the business relationships to develop the key account strategic plan. Futuristic outlooks and working in partnership will be core requirements to ensure Chanelle is seen as the partner of choice for each key account. Strategy development, customer excellence delivery and issues resolution are key to this role.
Working both cross functionally within the Chanelle export team as well as dynamic thinking is key to the success with the role. This role will have director reports for the business development team within the export business.
- Building customer and key opinion leader relationships across the customer base.
- Understanding the organization structures within each key account and where to maximize and leverage these roles is critical in global accounts.
- Help to create a positive environment in which the company’s products and/or services can be promoted in alignment with the company strategy
- Develop sales proposals and create new initiatives to create an enhanced product offering to the key accounts inline with the pipeline
- Continue to validate and update relevant information which is central to key account management process within CRM and across the team
- Development of Key Account Business Plans to include identification of business expansion opportunities within each key account, promotional spend plan within each account, portfolio penetration objectives, relationship management and client development plans. Devise sales processes to implement business plan.
- Manage account performance against plan and update to management on a monthly business
- Establish effective relationships with a broad range of contacts across the designated accounts to ensure opportunities identified and solutions implemented.
- Plan activities to maximise field call days and personal contact with customers showing most potential for development of their business, and comply with call coverage standards.
- Ensure call cycles and frequently are planned three months in advance with clear activities and actions mapped and based on efficient business planning
- Maintain current and accurate records of all customer accounts and meeting actions within the CRM system.
- Compile and maintain a data base of potential customers/companies to target within the CRM system to include:
- List of companies, location and contact person
- Classification of companies in terms of potential.
- Frequency of contacting or visiting companies
- Products each company has expressed an interest in.
- Quantify and prioritise the opportunities
- Use Perito sales data to plan and monitor key account sales, distribution and volume development.
- Control CPML delivery dates for customers and supporting the wider team with new product launch schedules and communications
- Based on direction from senior management, design and implement effective monthly and other promotions ensuring maximum impact and utilising marketing resources. Generate, recommend and seek approval for new and novel promotions within each key account.
- Ensure all pricing quotations are inline with the business producers for seeking approval
- Input into and implementation of operational plans.
- In particular input into and implementation of pricing strategy and liaison with marketing on competitor market pricing. Monitor market trends.
- Prepare sales and delivery performance reports on a monthly basis.
- Compliance with Export Department procedures is essential.
- Develop a clear Strategic Account Management process to further enhance the future relationship of multi-national key accounts. Quarterly updating the plan to reflect the progress made each quarter.
- Seek, identify and commit contracts spanned across not only own label but other opportunities such as development of new molecules and manufacturing of new active molecules within the key accounts for global markets
- Familiarity with veterinary distributors and regulations in global market.
- Proven key account experience within the Veterinary market i.e. Highly tuned negotiation skills, strategic planning and brand ambassador
- A minimum of 6 years within the industry
- People Management Experience desired
- Highly competent on Microsoft office
- Excellent business acumen and commercial judgement
- Demonstrable analytical aptitude
- Good planning skills
- Highly credible with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal Chanelle personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- A proactive self starter Key account manager position description
- Experience with Salesforce is a distinct advantage but not essential
Chanelle is an equal opportunities employer (ALL ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE)