Exports Sales Manager
This role will focus on achieving our ambitious sales budget for significant business growth within our Veterinary Export business. There will be a focus on building new relationships and strengthening existing ones. The candidate will require high levels of sales experience, professionalism, energy and initiative to be successful. This position can be based in Europe and the person will be required to visit head office in Ireland approx. 2 days per month.
Reporting to the Senior Vet Exports BD Manager, the key responsibilities of the Export Sales Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the strategic development of the veterinary business through the sale of own manufactured products to existing and new clients in the specified territories.
- Lead the development of significant new business in new markets, focusing on new contracts with our extensive pipeline of new products.
- Grow and develop existing markets to ensure Sales budget and gross margin targets are met/ exceeded
- Proactive management of Sales budget to ensure that issues are identified, and solutions provided in sufficient time to ensure budget targets are hit.
- Proactive management of all customer pricing and contractual issues
- Formulate, agree and deliver on a sales strategy that will successfully achieve company veterinary export sales targets.
- Responsible for the preparation of sales budgets and forecasts for your markets and working to achieve/ exceed the monthly targets.
- Responsible for providing input into the marketing activities for Export department in conjunction with the Marketing Department and within agreed budget
- Assist in preparing marketing plan for launching new products
- Maintain strong relationships with existing export customer’s – meeting clients on a regular basis to develop key business relationships. Visiting A Customers 3 times a year and B Customers twice a year at least.
- Proactive customer management adopting a high customer contact strategy.
- Deliver monthly updates on:
- Business development activity
- Potential leads for new business and course of action necessary to close the sale
- Market intelligence relating to the generic veterinary industry worldwide.
- Detailed meeting minutes of each customer visit to be documented and sent to Key Account Manager and uploaded to Salesforce in compliance with Export procedures.
- Compile and maintain a data base of your potential customers/companies to target on our Salesforce database
- List of companies in each country including contact person
- Classification of these companies in terms of A (high potential), B (medium potential), C (low potential)
- Frequency of contacting or visiting these companies
- Products each company have expressed interest in
- Log of Agreements issued/pending signature and signed
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedure for export customer management, business development and contract management.
- Work closely with the Veterinary Registration Manager & R&D Manager to ensure that all product dossiers are completed on time and that all market information is shared in a timely fashion.
- Identify new business opportunities in the Export market. Identify agents for the promotion of new products. Visit Clients shows and seminars where necessary.
- Reporting/Meetings – Preparation of relevant reports and attendance at Management/Board and general meetings as requested.
- During each Customer meeting compile intelligence on customer’s policy on in-licensing and any relevant competitor intelligence. Important to understand Customer’s wish-list of products and what products Customers cannot source, to assist us with our R&D pipeline screening.
- Gather competitor intelligence information enabling Chanelle to keep ahead of competitors and what they are offering in order to ensure Chanelle is ahead of competitors.
- A minimum of 5 years Business development/ Sales experience preferable within the pharmaceutical industry with responsibility for developing and managing a territory sales strategy of an organisation.
- Demonstrated record of meeting/ exceeding sales targets on a monthly and annual basis.
- Commercially astute with significant negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate pricing and contracts for optimal value
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen, decisive decision maker, good attention to detail and experience of working with different cultures
- Good analytical and investigative skills; process and systems focused
- Highly organised and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- High level of IT and administration skills in managing development of territory
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and prioritisation skills
- Proactive, motivated, analytical and strategic thinker
- Excellent Customer Service focus
- Experience with using Salesforce