Finance Manager – Permanent Full Time
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Finance function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Director of Finance.
1. FINANCE TEAM & PROCESSES
- Lead and manage a high performance Finance Team including AR, AP, & Treasury
- Continuously review and improve finance processes, systems and procedures to streamline our accounting functions, drive measureable improvements in outputs, productivity and quality of information produced.
- Continually develop and improve the professional skills, competences and business knowledge and profile of finance team members.
2. FINANCIAL REPORTING & CONTROL (FR&C)
- Ensure all monthly schedules, reconciliations and journals are approved in line with best practice
- Manage annual financial audit and preparation of statutory audited accounts
- Ensure the individual company accounts and related intercompany pricing, journals and cost allocations are compliant with transfer pricing documentation
- Ensure all statutory returns and statistical returns are submitted accurately within deadlines
- Maintain a robust system of internal controls, accounting and finance procedures to safeguard company assets, monitor financial performance and meet audit requirements
- Promote regulatory compliance
- Coordination of insurance renewals for the Group on an annual basis ensuring adequate cover is in place and manage all claims in conjunction with insurance broker
- Liaise with HR to ensure all payroll is coded correctly on the accounting system
3. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (AP)
- Manage the accounts payable team to ensure all purchase invoices are processed and paid in an efficient manner
- Dealing with any escalation of invoice queries
- Review aged creditors listing on a monthly basis and seek clarification where required
- Review creditor reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Investigate and implement IT improvements that help improve productivity of the AP team.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of purchase invoices to ensure best practice.
- Prepare/Monitor rolling 12 week cash flow forecasts to ensure the efficient use of available funding
- Review Invoice Finance balances on a daily basis and ensure all reserves are correct.
- Prepare weekly report showing overall Group cash position
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast for inclusion in financial pack
- Secure lease finance where appropriate for plant and equipment capital expenditure
5. ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (AR)
- Manage the accounts receivable team to ensure all customer invoices are collected in an efficient manner
- Dealing with any escalation of customer account queries
- Review and monitor aged debtors listing on a monthly basis and keep ageing current
- Review monthly debtors scorecard and ensure account allocations are up to date with minimal credit balances held
- Support the Accounts Receivable Controller in chasing debt collections through litigation
- Investigate and implement IT improvements that help improve productivity of the AR team.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of customer rebates to ensure best practice.
- Ensure invoice discounting is reconciled monthly and the most efficient drawdown method is used
- Proven commercial/operational finance track record in large, complex and demanding environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience would be a significant advantage, but not essential.
- Strong analytical, financial reporting and auditing exposure.
- Demonstrable experience of influence and impact on business decisions.
- Target and Results driven.
- High business acumen and the ability to build strong and effective working relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead an established Finance team.
- Candidates will also display clear leadership qualities and performance management skills.
- Previous experience with a leading ERP system (e.g. SAP) would be a significant advantage.
- Qualified Accountant preferably with Big 4 training background, but not essential
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience