Head of Sales UK
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
This is an opportunity to be lead the UK businesses of three divisions which are part the dynamic animal health team within Chanelle Pharma. We are looking for an experienced individual who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report to Head of Animal Health Division.
This role will lead three business divisions of vet, trade and pet product portfolios within the UK market. Chanelle Pharma has rapidly grown within the UK market is one of the fastest growing companies to date. We now need a single leader to take the UK to the next level, leveraged by the robust pipeline of new molecules and ambitious growth of our existing portfolio will ensure the sales continue to grow by double digits year on year.
This is a core role in delivering the strategic objectives and operational KPIs of the UK animal health divisions. The Head of UK will strive for commercial excellence, effective team management and process improvements to enhance the excellent customer experience across our global accounts.
Key time and priority management is needed to successfully deliver the strategic plans for each division. A passion for launching new products and gaining market share in a fast paced environment will complement the competencies required for this role. A very exciting position integral to the companies growth plans.
- Achievement of Sales and profit objectives in line with company targets and new product strategies.
- Management of gross margin performance against customer, actives and product targets. Improving where additional margin gains can be made.
- Management of all sales teams ensuring all team members achieve sales budgets and targets as outlined in the budget.
- Report to the senior management team and the board as requested.
- Implement proactive and corrective process improvements as identified across the business.
- Implement price increases as required by the business supported by finance teams.
- Ensure all future registration of products are planned on time and customers identified pre-license submission.
- Ensure existing licenses and available licenses are utilised to grow the existing business.
- Ensure customer service and supply teams are fully supported to ship all products within the timelines set by the business.
- Ensure forecasts from all customers and sales team are updated as per the timelines from the S&OP team.
- Proven key account experience with the Veterinary market i.e. Highly tuned negotiation skills
- Highly competent on Microsoft office
- Excellent business acumen and commercial judgement
- Demonstrable analytical aptitude
- Good planning skills
- Highly credible with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal Chanelle personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- A degree in science, agriculture or business
- Proven or demonstrable potential in sales or marketing with 8 years plus experience
- Commercial experience within agriculture or pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Full clean drivers license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Health & Safety requirements
- Working on PC/Laptop
- Mobile Phone
- Office – Working on PC/Laptop
- Remote – Field Sales
- Travel – Journey plan
- Full clean driver’s license