Junior Planner – Temporary Full Time
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Planning function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
The Planner is a vital part of the Planning Team and in this position you will work hand in hand with the Planning Administrators to ensure a stable and efficient flow of work within the company. You will also have direct and daily interactions with multiple other departments across the business to identify internal and external constraints and ways to overcome challenges and manage customer expectations.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Planning Team Lead.
- To manage the assigned Production area and effectively plan the corresponding product portfolio.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and confirm expected delivery dates.
- To generate stable weekly production schedules in co-operation with relevant departments and to monitor adherence and take actions when bottlenecks and issues are identified.
- Drive to achieve zero back orders and an increasing trend in the On Time In Full shipping performance.
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas.
- To liaise with Purchasing and Artwork to manage BOM changes in-line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimized.
- Liaise with internal customer representatives with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis and report potential bottlenecks and issues.
- Reporting to senior management on a weekly and ad hoc basis on Planning KPIs, e.g. total backorders, performance against shipping plan.
- Chair routine and ad hoc planning and scheduling meetings as required, communicating changes and additions to production schedules.
- Manage inventory at Intermediate and Finished Goods levels in line with stock holding policies for assigned areas and manage schedules so as short shelf life materials are consumed before expiring.
- Liaise with Customer Service, Production, Launch, Artwork and R&D to implement improvements and drive new product initiatives.
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are key skills.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance.
- Positive and proactive person who is energized by having great responsibility.
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office.
- Good communication and inter-personal & collaboration skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new responsibilities and challenges.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative.
- 3rd level Qualification (preferable but not essential)
- Degree qualified (preferable but not essential)
- Multinational experience (preferable but not essential)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably pharmaceutical
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working within a pharmaceutical cGLP Environment; with knowledge of EU GMP and US FDA Guidelines