Key Account Manager Exports
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
This is a key role within our Chanelle Veterinary business. The primary focus of the role is the achievement of sales and margin targets from the generic product range across all designated accounts. The successful candidate will all be responsible for customer relationship management across veterinary practices, co-operative, merchants, pharmacies and retailers encompassing both wholesaler and Chanelle branded products. Performance including account strategy development, customer service levels and issue resolution are key to this role. Working cross functionally and with the larger Chanelle team is a core competency required for the success within the role.
- Building customer and key opinion leader relationships across the customer base.
- Understanding the organization structures within each key account and where to maximize and leverage these roles is critical in global accounts.
- Help to create a positive environments in which the company’s products and/or services can be promoted in alignment with the company strategy
- Develop sales proposals and create new initiatives to create an enhanced product offering to the key accounts inline with the pipeline
- Continue to validate and update relevant information which is central to key account management process within CRM and across the team
- Development of Key Account Business Plans to include identification of business expansion opportunities within each key account, promotional spend plan within each account, portfolio penetration objectives, relationship management and client development plans. Devise sales processes to implement business plan.
- Manage account performance against plan and update to management on a monthly business
- Establish effective relationships with a broad range of contacts across the designated accounts to ensure opportunities identified and solutions implemented.
- Plan activities to maximise field call days and personal contact with customers showing most potential for development of their business, and comply with call coverage standards.
- Ensure call cycles and frequently are planned three months in advance with clear activities and actions mapped and based on efficient business planning
- Maintain current and accurate records of all customer accounts and meeting actions within the CRM system.
- Compile and maintain a data base of potential customers/companies to target within the CRM system to include:
- List of companies, location and contact person
- Classification of companies in terms of potential.
- Frequency of contacting or visiting companies
- Products each company has expressed an interest in.
- Quantify and prioritise the opportunities
- Use Perito sales data to plan and monitor key account sales, distribution and volume development.
- Control CPML delivery dates for customers and supporting the wider team with new product launch schedules and communications
- Based on direction from senior management, design and implement effective monthly and other promotions ensuring maximum impact and utilising marketing resources. Generate, recommend and seek approval for new and novel promotions within each key account.
- Ensure all pricing quotations are inline with the business producers for seeking approval
- Input into and implementation of operational plans.
- In particular input into and implementation of pricing strategy and liaison with marketing on competitor market pricing. Monitor market trends.
- Prepare sales and delivery performance reports on a monthly basis.
- Compliance with Export Department procedures is essential.
- Develop a clear Strategic Account Management process to further enhance the future relationship of multi-national key accounts. Quarterly updating the plan to reflect the progress made each quarter.
- Seek, identify and commit contracts spanned across not only own label but other opportunities such as development of new molecules and manufacturing of new active molecules within the key accounts for global markets
- Proven key account experience with the Veterinary market i.e. Highly tuned negotiation skills
- Highly competent on Microsoft office
- Excellent business acumen and commercial judgement
- Demonstrable analytical aptitude
- Good planning skills
- Highly credible with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal Chanelle personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Health & Safety requirements (eg. Manual Handling Training)