Key Account Manager
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within Chanelle Pharma’s UK Animal Health division. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the UK Animal Health Commercial Manager and be responsible for the strategic management of the trade accounts within a defined territory. The Key Account Manager will develop relationships with key contacts within the customer base to maximise opportunities and drive conversion to the Chanelle Pharma portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-starter who can bring enthusiasm and energy to facilitate the exponential growth Chanelle Animal Health has the potential to deliver. The Key Account Manager will be responsible for a significant revenue stream and territory allocation is flexible dependent location and experience. Existing relationships will certainly be of benefit and the person in this role will demonstrate an exceptional level of business and financial acumen.
- Achievement of sales and profit objectives, as well as growth and market share gains, in line with company targets
- Manage and plan customer visits in line with company KPI’s
- Manage and maintain account base in CRM system including journey plans, call notes, sales records etc.
- Prepare and deliver territory business plans with monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with key customers and complete business cases for additional support
- Manage travel and expenses in line with company policy
- Management of promotions within each designated account.
- Use Salesforce sales data to plan and monitor territory and account sales and provide input into demand plan
- Attend industry events throughout the year to promote Chanelle Animal Health and increase our standing within the industry
- Attend and contribute to monthly sales meeting including territory feedback and analysis of performance against budgets/KPIs
- Gather and relay market intel to management in a timely and constructive manner.
- Attend CPD to remain relevant
- Implement proactive and corrective actions as required including negotiation of performance based discount schemes for key accounts and production of account level proposals for senior management.
- Previous Account Management experience within the Animal Health industry is essential
- Exceptional negotiation skills and sales ability
- A confident, likeable and persistent personality
- Competent on Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional business acumen and commercial judgement
- Exceptional planning, time management and facilitating skills with a strong focus on delivering strategic goals
- Highly credible with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Willingness to travel throughout the territory and make infrequent visits to our Head Office in Loughrea