Key Account Manager
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the sales team of Chanelle Pharma. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report to the National Sales Manager. This is a key role within our Chanelle Veterinary business. The primary focus of the role is the achievement of sales and margin targets from the generic product range across all designated accounts. The successful candidate will all be responsible for customer relationship management across veterinary practices, co-operative, merchants, pharmacies, and retailers encompassing both wholesaler and Chanelle branded products. Performance including account strategy development, customer service levels and issue resolution are key to this role. Working cross functionally and with the larger Chanelle team is a core competency required for the success within the role.
• Achievement of Sales and profit objectives in line with company targets and new product strategies.
• Development of Key Account Business Plans to include identification of business expansion opportunities within each key account, promotional spend plan within each account, portfolio penetration objectives, relationship management and client development plans. Devise tactics to implement business plan.
• Manage account performance against plan.
• Implement proactive and corrective actions as required including negotiation of performance based retrospective rebate schemes for key accounts and production of account level proposals for senior management.
• Business Relationship Management within national account structure groups as directed by the National Sales Manager.
• Establish effective relationships with a broad range of contacts across the designated accounts to ensure opportunities identified and solutions implemented.
• Management of promotions within each designated account.
• Plan activities to maximise field call days and personal contact with customers showing most potential for development of their business and comply with call coverage standards.
• Maintain current and accurate records of all customer accounts and meeting actions within the CRM system.
• Use Perito sales data to plan and monitor territory and account sales and distribution and volume development.
• Based on direction from senior management, design and implement effective monthly and other promotions ensuring maximum impact and utilising marketing resources. Generate, recommend and seek approval for new and novel promotions within each key account.
• Business development in all designated accounts.
• Implementation of all agreed discount schemes and responsibility for roll out per territory.
• Input into and implementation of operational plans.
• Input into and implementation of pricing strategy and liaison with marketing on competitor market pricing.
• Product forecasting per month.
• Effectively participate in monthly/Qtr and yearly sales meetings.
• Proven key account experience with the Veterinary market i.e. Highly tuned negotiation skills.
• Highly competent on Microsoft office.
• Excellent business acumen and commercial judgement.
• Demonstrable analytical aptitude.
• Good planning skills.
• Highly credible with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal Chanelle personnel.
• A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
• A degree in science, agriculture or business.
• Proven or demonstrable potential in sales or marketing with 2 years plus experience.
• Commercial experience within agriculture or pharmaceutical industry is an advantage.
• Full clean drivers license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: • Health & Safety requirements
• Working on PC/Laptop
• Mobile Phone
• Office – Working on PC/Laptop
• Remote – Field Sales
• Travel – Journey plan
• Full clean driver’s license