About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
In this position you will get:
- To provide technical expertise to assist in the analytical testing on finished product & raw materials using the correct procedures in order to comply with GMP, Health and Safety, SOP’s and environmental and regulatory requirements while ensuring we meet our customer’s needs.
- To provide support as required to the QC laboratory supervisor
- Daily washing and maintenance of volumetrics, glassware, beakers ensuring sufficient stock available at all times.
- Assisting QC Lab Administrators on labelling reagents and storing appropriately in solvent store.
- Management of waste drums, ensure appropriately labelling prior to disposal.
- Ensure waste bins are appropriately emptied.
- Ensure samples are discarded in an appropriate manner, labelled correctly and disposed.
- Ensure consumables of filters, syringes etc. are stocked within the Laboratory
- Inventory of Standards and consumables
- To encourage and maintain good housekeeping and hygiene within the laboratory
- To proactively create and encourage a safe working environment, adhering to laboratory safety measures at all times
- Lead by example ensuring that your work area is kept tidy and that GLP/GMP standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure records pertaining QC are all kept up to date and filed properly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the QC team leader/supervisor or manager.
- If decided appropriate it may be decided to amend / update any of the above responsibilities.
- Establishes strong working relationships with others, building team rapport and creating a cohesive team environment
- Displays a positive outlook with strong coaching skills, maintaining interest at all times
- Takes a methodical, systematic and structured approach to organising work
- Makes effective and consistent decisions in a timely manner
- Takes personal responsibility for making a decision, taking action within their own area
- Escalates issues appropriately
- Takes action to correct poor performance by being fair and consistent in approach
- Displays flexibility, willingness to succeed and goes the extra mile
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Health & Safety requirements (eg. Manual Handling Training)
- To take reasonable care for their own safety, health and welfare at work and that of any other person that may be affected by their acts or omissions while at work.
- To cooperate with Chanelle Pharma or any of its representatives that will enable the company to comply with the relevant health and safety statutory provisions.
- Adheres to safety regulations by ensuring correct usage of PPE in the lab area.
- Reports to the supervisor or health and safety representative without unreasonable delay any defects in plant, equipment, place of work, system of work which might endanger safety, health or welfare of themselves or any employee, contractor or visitor to the company.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and tidy.
- Not too intentionally or reckless interfere with or misuse any appliance, protective clothing, convenience, equipment or other means or thing provided.
- Required training
- Manual Handling training,
- Glove removal and disposal training,
- Working with chemicals
- Disposal of waste
- Working on PC
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (e.g. Office, Production)