About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Finance function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Product Costings Controller.
- Work with the team of Accountants who prepare and maintain detailed standard cost models for a large range of in-house manufactured pharmaceutical products.
- To take ownership of the cost accounting for the manufacturing facility including monthly reporting of P&L, sales versus budget, cost of sales and analysis of variances.
- Produce KPI reports to support best practice and lean initiatives.
- Partner with business unit leaders to support the growth of the business unit and to provide accurate new product costings.
- Help execute the migration of financial data from legacy systems to the new ERP system.
- Development and implementation of internal controls relating to production & inventory
- Reconcile control accounts monthly and support year end close activities.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs, and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer.
- Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and ultimate aims of the business is important role-modelling.
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation.
- A strong working knowledge of best practice processes, change management implementation, coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification, preferably at Degree level
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least two (2) years + relevant industry experience, ideally pharmaceutical/healthcare experience in a multi-currency, multi-company environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office