Medical Pharmacovigilance Officer
- Contribute to the safety monitoring of medical pharmacovigilance activities, to ensure PV obligations and requirements are met
- Review, evaluate & collate pharmacovigilance data, reports and agreements
- Contribute to the development of the medical Pharmacovigilance (PV) system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions of the Senior Medical Pharmacovigilance Officer include but are not limited to:-
- Work closely with the Qualified Person Responsible For Pharmacovigilance (QPPV) and other members of the pharmacovigilance team / service providers, to ensure timely, effective and appropriate processing and evaluation of Safety Data Exchange Agreements (SDEAs), documents and reports necessary to maintain a compliant pharmacovigilance system
- Contribute to the implementation of process / system improvements and updates to PV system
- Liaising with and provide PV guidance & advice on PV topics to all key stakeholders
- Identify, develop and roll-out opportunities for continuous improvement in the PV system
- Work with stakeholders to ensure goals of the PV process are achieved
- Prepare, maintaining and present PV Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Review of Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF) and associated annexes
- Review and approval of signal detection reports
- Participate in the preparation and roll out of regulatory policies, guidelines and procedures
- Attend PV audits / inspections and meetings, as necessary
- Monitor company/ co-partner compliance and liaising with management to mitigate identified risks
- Manage timelines for responses to PV queries from all stakeholders and customers
- Supporting all PV outsourced activities such as EVMPD, Medical Information, etc.
- Manage & oversee PV variation changes and updates, transfer of PV information to other internal departments, PV SOP’s and PV training
- Participate with inter-departments PV discussions as required
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by Management
· 3rd level degree in a relevant scientific or PV related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years in a PV environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining excellent oral, written and presentation / communication skills.
- Experience in busy problem solving environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines Excellent PV knowledge for generic products, processes and worldwide PV guidelines.
- Highly motivated person, with the ability to manage deadlines, work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and ability to work unsupervised and on own initative
· Good IT skills and computer