Occupational Health & Safety Manager
Loughrea, Co. Galway
About Chanelle Pharma:
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Chanelle group. We are looking for an individual who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Engineering, the OHS Manager will apply strong fundamental expertise in the support of Occupational, Health and Safety compliance within the company. The role of an Occupational, Health, and Safety (OHS) Manager is multifaceted, involving a range of responsibilities aimed at promoting a safe and occupationally responsible workplace.
- Lead implementation of OHS Management strategy ensuring alignment with Chanelle Pharma strategy and continuous improvement agenda.
- Responsible for OHS compliance schedule (audits) and OHS plan across all sites.
- Responsible for Risk Management programme at company, pinpoint and evaluate potential hazards whilst developing strategies to alleviate identified risks ensuring continuous compliance with safety protocols and standards.
- Lead team of OHS specialists ensuring ongoing growth and development of team members.
- Ensuring the occupational health and overall well-being of employees in the company addressing various aspects, including ergonomic issues and work environment quality, to create a workspace conducive to employee health and productivity.
- Lead emergency response programme ensuring regular testing of emergency plans to align with best practise and regulations.
- Represent the Chanelle group at audits and site visits by the HSA, Environment authority, Insurers, Repak and Customers.
- Manage incident and accident reporting procedures for the Group, ensuring root cause analysis and prevention measures are in place.
- Deliver on projects and assignments as directed by Director of Engineering.
- Maintaining Updating and writing of all H&S procedures and compliances.
- Create and operationalise a companywide OHS training plan and communication plan for the group ensuring compliance with all safety standards and protocols.
- Responsible for DGSA and Molecule assessment.
- Supervise outside contractors in compliance with company guidelines.
- Work in partnership with Sustainability committee to deliver Chanelle group sustainability objectives.
- Report OHS KPIs to Board and Senior Management.
The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing (GMP) environment
- Experienced People Manager
- Strong Analytical Skills, Problem-solving Skills and Knowledge of Regulations
- Excellent communications and influencing skills.
- Experience of safety protocols in chemical manufacturing.
- Can work independently as well as with other departments.
- Minimum Level 8 degree in a Health & Safety/ Occupational discipline.
- Occupational Health and Safety qualification highly desirable
HOURS OF WORK
- 08:30 – 17:00 (Monday – Thursday)
- 08:30 – 16:00 (Friday)