PA to MD – Maternity Leave
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the MD function. We are looking for an individual who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Managing Director
- Provide effective administrative support to the Managing Director, including scheduling and managing appointments, supporting the preparation of documents, reports, presentations and organization of one-to-one/team/virtual meetings.
- Ownership of managing the Managing Director yearly calendar. Ensuring the calendar and diary are prioritised daily according to changing demands. You need to foresee any potential issues and mitigate risks by long-term diary and operational planning. Exercise good judgement by staying ahead of any issues that may arise internally and/or externally which could potentially impact the MD’s schedule.
- Format information for internal and external communication as required –emails, presentations, reports via Dictaphone typing.
- Prepare the monthly Board Meeting Agenda, monthly board packs and attend Board Meeting to take minutes, distribute final minutes to all Board and action points to relevant SMT.
- Preparation of itinerary’s, arrangement of meetings, organising visas, booking appointments and assisting the Company Travel Agent in co-ordinating travel arrangements for the MD.
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence and post.
- Manage confidential correspondence or projects in a discreet manner.
- Provide secretarial assistance to the Board of Directors, when required.
- Expenses and credit card expenditure tracked for Managing Director.
- Demonstrate ownership, tracking and follow through to resolution on all queries and issues
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility.
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities and teams.
The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- At least 10 year’s work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role with extensive diary and travel management experience in a corporate environment
- 3rd level qualification in a Business-related discipline.
- Ability to use initiative, pre-empt requests, confidentiality, and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding organisational skills are essential, including the ability to work independently.
- Strong IT skills / computer literate (Microsoft Office Packages).
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- Strong Communication skills, with fluent English.