Pet Sales Area Manager - North Munster & South Leinster
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
The primary focus of the role will be on achieving sales budgets, driving sales growth, particularly CPML distribution in your area. The role will work closely with the Pet Sales Team in developing business opportunities and customer relationships. The ability to managing Debtors and keep all accounts inside their specified terms will be an important function and requirement of the role.
The geographical area includes North Munster and South Leister with specific focus on Clare, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford, Carlow & Kilkenny and geographical areas may change subject to business requirements.
In this role you will report into the Field Sales Manager.
- To provide full Sales support to customers on the technical and business aspects of the company’s extensive product range.
- Adhering to and managing a journey plan. You will be calling to many different retail environments such as Pet Specialists, Grocery, Convenience, Veterinary Surgeons, Co-Ops and Hardware customers with the primary objective of providing a quality service to all our customers.
- Management of sales territory
- Key focus on customer requirements
- Attainment of sales, distribution, and debtor targets
- Introduction of NPD
- Expansion of new accounts in your area
- Travel requirements may include overnights depending on journey plan & meetings
- Planograms and merchandising knowledge
- Provide merchandising assistance where necessary
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Applicant should have a proven successful track record in Pet retail, FMCG or Veterinary sales with a detailed knowledge of the Irish Grocery and Pet market and competitors who operate in this market.
- Applicant must be customer focused and aligned to Chanelle Pharma company values.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Positive and proactive person who is energized by having great responsibility
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Full clean driving license is essential
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- 3rd level qualification or relevant experience
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Possess excellent administration skills and the ability to work on one’s own initiative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Health & Safety requirements (eg. Manual Handling Training)
Laptop and or VDU
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (eg. Office, Production)
Office and field sales