About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the R & D analytical function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into Medical R & D Manager
- To perform physical evaluation of the lab trials, optimization batches and process validation batches for hardness, disintegration, average weight, uniformity of mass, identification, pH, viscosity, moisture content etc.
- To perform API and brand leader sample characterization
- To perform standardization of APIs for preparing the secondary reference standards
- To assist Sr analyst in charging the lab trials, optimization and process validation batches on stability
- To assist in preparing the ECPs, STMs, Stability Protocols, Method validation protocols, method transfer protocols, SOPs and stability reports
- To assist Sr R & D analyst in stability testing of the process validation and optimization batches as well as method transfer of the finished product.
- To assist data reviewer in the checking of the analytical data generated and maintain the instrument calibrations.
- To assist Sr R & D analyst in analytical method validation of the finished product.
- To ensure availability of the required standards/columns and reagents
- Support to Registration for responding technical queries for analytical issues
- Ensure the log books/experiment registers are completed regularly.
- Testing of the Laboratory trial samples as per the samples received from F & D and provide the results as per the agreed timelines
- Stability Reports Preparation
- Update the stability Testing reports periodically
- Support to QC if required
- Represent the company at the time audits
- Maintain the R & D lab as per GMP requirements
- Any other activity as per the manager’s instructions
- Good analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent science background
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation. Professional expertise.
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities.
- The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Degree in Science Discipline or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a R&D Analytical role
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.