About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Finance function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Financial Planning & Reporting Controller
- Work cross functionally to deliver streamlining initiatives for the finance function
- Support for the monthly management accounts process and monthly balance sheet reconciliations process
- Assess output of monthly close and balance sheet reconciliations processes from the perspective of a robust control framework and best in class financial procedures being followed.
- Assist in evaluating the current processes and identify and develop improvements that can link to current ERP systems.
- Develop workable solutions to any controls and processes weaknesses identified
- Develop relevant KPI’s that can improve business performance.
- Responsibility for process improvement projects
- Assist in preparation of forecasts and budgets and cashflows
- Assist in the preparation of annual Statutory financial accounts
- Liaison with auditors for statutory audit and responsibility for complete areas of audit as required
- Liaise with Revenue and Bank as required
- Ensuring Revenue/HMRC returns are submitted and in compliance.
- Work closely with management team in terms of evaluating what if proposals.
- Adhoc analysis, tasks and projects as required by Management
- Ability to work well within a team and manage diverse personalities and viewpoints
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to consider all stakeholder views
- A strong working knowledge of best practice processes, change management implementation, coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability in prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Practical, solutions focussed approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver multiple projects manage teams
- Strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer
- Systems implementation experience and advantage
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives, and culture of an organisation
- Relevant 3rd level qualification, preferably at Degree level
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), minimum 5 years PQE
- Relevant industry experience, ideally pharmaceutical/healthcare experience an advantage
- Manufacturing experience an advantage
- Experience of a multi-currency, multi-company environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills required and experience of MS Office software packages
Working with computers, paper files – office work environment
Will be required to work with multiple screens for a prolonged period at a desk