Sales & Operations Planning Lead
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Planning function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage the end to end S&OP process
- Provide broad overview of Demand and Supply Profile in objective manner that consolidates key business impacts/risk and opportunities for review and decision
- Facilitate NPI and Product development pipeline review with stakeholders
- Develop and publish metrics to support Capacity Utilization/Inventory management/Forecast accuracy
- Facilitate and drive scenario analysis to offer the business what if opportunities
- Calendarize Meetings and sub meetings supporting S&OP Process
- Coordinate and align business assumptions with SMT to ensure S&OP inputs and outputs reflect these broad assumptions.
- Chair key S&OP meetings and attend all Demand and Supply Review meetings to ensure consistency of review
- Ensure tasks assigned to functional teams are completed on time and that outputs of meetings are reasonable and effective
- Work with Process owners to identify family groupings for modelling and aggregating to support the business S&OP process
- Ensure alignment of objectives clarity in roles & responsibilities between functions
- Develop appropriate communication processes to support continuous development of S & OP process.
- Develop long term rough-cut capacity plans for overall business.
- Using production routings etc. develop rough cut capacity plans
- Validate the outputs of capacity and supply plan with teams ahead of Supply meeting
- Provide summary update to the business of key gaps and excess of capacity and any anomalies
- Highlight the significant bottlenecks (medium or long term) that require escalation and resolution. Recommend solutions – e.g. Overtime/New Shifts/Potential investments
- Manage the detail of S & OP supply side
- Review with purchasing the key gaps in materials requirements based on the monthly Supply planning process and assess their proposal to meet the plan.
- Develop and maintain a suite of output graphs/charts/metrics to highlight impacts of changes in demand or capacity and comparing to current and expected plant capabilities.
- First pass review of Unconstrained demand with Demand Planner to sense check and first cut scenario planning
- Work with Access Developer to continually improve Capacity Planning model.
- Develop and manage the Scheduling team
- Lead planning team in development of an MPS (Master Production Schedule) on a monthly basis and manage the conflicting preferences between supply and demand.
- Ensure that Planning team are communicating appropriate plans to Operations and Customer support to ensure transparency
- Develop Inventory replenishment / campaigning plans based on long term runners and repeater for Intermediate products
- Drive the development of a process to ensure Planning/ Customer Support assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- Liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimized.
- Ensure that Planning team actively liaise with their customer i.e. Chanelle Veterinary and Chanelle Medical Sales & Marketing/ Customer Support department with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and manage diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Proven people management capabilities. Ability to motivate a team and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities and teams.
- APICS certification – CPIM preferred
- Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques are desirable.
- Minimum 5 years with recent experience in supply network planning.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience of working with significant data sets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills. Ability to negotiate with area owners to overcome conflicting requirements and achieve a win/win outcome in order to meet the business plan
- Comfortable presenting data and trends to the management team
- Highly competent in MS Excel and office suite
- Capable of converting detailed information into succinct and understandable output
- People / Team management experience
The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.