Senior Business Development Manager and R&D Pipeline Associate
Position Reports to: Head of Medical Business
Location: Position can be based from home in any EU country with requirement to visit Chanelle Medical’s office Ireland (Loughrea, Ireland) and regular travel to the territory.
Chanelle Medical specialises in the development, registration, production, marketing and distribution of generic human pharmaceutical products. Together with our customers we currently hold around 2,000 medicines licenses (Marketing Authorisations) all around the world. At the forefront to Chanelle Medical is our commitment to R&D and manufacturing. We have four dedicated R&D operations, three located in Ireland and one in Jordan, our manufacturing facility in Ireland along with our sales offices in Ireland, UK and India.
What we do:
- Develop and register pharmaceutical products;
- Out-license of medicines & other technologies;
- Contract manufacture and package.
Lead the sales and business development activities in the territory of action to meet the revenue, market share, through innovative commercial plans aligned with the company strategy. Develop innovative and unique ways to outperform the competition. Develop a compelling vision to guide and inspire the marketing, regulatory and R&D efforts to act with transparency and in the best interests of the customers and the company. Acquire a deep expertise of the regulatory approval pathway and IP issues. Become highly familiar with the Territory’s geography requirement in order to properly and accurately influence business development.
Responsibilities and duties
- Selectively targets and chooses to build relationships with industry leaders, e.g. generic partners, innovative OTC companies or agents in order to negotiate and close licensing and supply deals;
- Manages the customers in the territory of action with regular business reviews and develops a plan to increase sales and profitability in short and medium term;
- Develops new business by consistently investigating the market and working with business partners to identify new selling opportunities;
- Aligns strategies with the future pipeline as well as completes business case proposals for the development of new products that represent a unique opportunity to meet local customer needs;
- Communicates and maintains close contact with customers, obtaining feedback to identify developing problems, resolve conflicts and misunderstandings before they can deteriorate the business relationship;
- Prepares and clearly communicates a business plan to management and is fully
- capable of influencing appropriately;
- Keeps Head Office well informed of all business development approvals.
- Sound knowledge, network and track record within the European pharmaceutical market, and additional knowledge or network about other markets would be a plus;
- At least 5 years in pharmaceutical industry and in an international and multidisciplinary environment;
- A track record of having successfully negotiated and closed a number of deals;
- Be familiar with the appropriate regulations in the industry;
- Good knowledge of business development, marketing and sales experience;
- Good understanding of the various activities of the pharmaceutical industry including portfolio, regulatory affairs, IP, procurement and supply chain.
Skills and qualifications:
- Pharma related study (Pharmacy, Chemical, Medicine or others) and additional advanced degree in management or sales would be a plus;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, listening, conveying messages in English) and ability to inspire others;
- Exceptional customer service skills, broad business acumen and skill set from which to understand and optimize a solution;
- Strong drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation and has a zeal to close deals;
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrates expertise in forecasting, budgeting and financial planning;
- Strong analytical, planning and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills;
- Autonomous, proactive, self-assured and a high degree of personal integrity;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to analyze situations and opportunities quickly;
- Competency in additional languages would be a plus;
- Solid computer skills, using MS Office in particularly Excel.
- There will be a requirement for international travel of approx. 2 to 3 weeks per month on average (including a trip to head office for 4 days each 2 months);
- Laptop and credit card will be provided by the company;
- All travel arrangements are arranged by the travel department in head office Ireland (all flights are in economy class).