UK Commercial Sales Manager
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
Reporting to the Head of Animal Health, this is a key role within our Chanelle AH Team whose main objective is to drive sales and margin objectives by translating the sales budget into specific strategic sales plans for wholesalers, veterinary chains, buying groups and independents and to lead a team of Key Account Managers in the execution of same.
- Drive sales and margin objectives by achieving the sales budget into specific strategic sales plans for trade customers and wholesalers.
- To drive generic sales achieving company objectives and targets in the UK market
- To lead and manage a team of key account managers towards the delivery of sales and margin objectives
- To foster business relationships within the key account base to exploit business opportunities of mutual benefit
- Achievement of Sales targets and objectives in line with company objectives, market performance and new product launch strategies.
- Development and integration of Account Business Plans and quarterly reviews for Key Accounts
- Identification of Chanelle business expansion opportunities within each key account, portfolio penetration objectives, relationship management with key stakeholders
- Establish effective relationships with senior managers and decision makers in regional key accounts. Establish a broad range of contacts across the designated regional key accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and solutions implemented.
- Management to include all aspects of training, coaching and performance management within the framework of the Chanelle performance management process. Monitor individual team member performance taking appropriate actions when necessary.
- Effective Relationship Management of internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with other functions to ensure excellent customer service is always delivered
- Management of promotions within each customer category
- Participation in budget & forecasting plans
- Liaise with the local management team in the preparation of long-range plans, budgets and forecasts in line with corporate requirements.
- Proven achievement of sales, margin and category growth targets
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy.
- Strong business administration and reporting skills
- A strategic approach to achieving results
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills
- A consistent record of delivery in Customer Development
- Identifying new business and category opportunities
- Ability to develop and build client relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Degree qualified
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in veterinary, animal health or pharmaceutical industry.
- AMTRA/NOAH Qualified
- Highly competent on Microsoft office
- Full clean drivers license