Veterinary National Account Manager
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within Chanelle Pharma’s Vet UK division. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into Head of National Accounts and be responsible for the strategic management of a number of corporate, buying group and national accounts across the UK veterinary industry. The National Account Manager will develop relationships with leaders of key partner businesses to negotiate contracts, find new opportunities and drive conversion to the Chanelle Pharma portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-starter who can bring new ideas to facilitate the exponential growth Vet UK has the potential to deliver. The National Account Manager will be responsible for a significant revenue stream and account allocation is flexible dependent on experience. Existing key account relationships will certainly be of benefit and the person in this role will demonstrate an exceptional level of business and financial acumen.
- Achievement of National Account sales and profit objectives, as well as growth and market share gains, in line with company targets
- Delivery of new product strategies for corporate, buying group and national accounts across the UK
- Growth of Chanelle Pharma’s reputation and profile through professional and mutually beneficial partnerships with key customers
- Development of relevant National Account business plans to include identification of business expansion opportunities and tactics for successful implementation
- Management of account performance against planned budgets and provision of accurate forecasting
- Establish effective relationships with a broad range of contacts across the designated accounts
- Strategically plan each negotiation, identify the interests of both parties and strive to win concessions while maintaining a strong and positive relationship
- Utilising the internal margin workbook, design commercial proposals to suit current tender opportunities, ensuring the Chanelle Pharma offering is competitive but also aligned to margin expectations
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure customer expectations can be met or managed
- Management of short-term or seasonal promotions within each designated account
- Effectively collaborate with the Key Account Managers to ensure tender outcomes and promotions are communicated at practice level
- Identify products which are not achieving desired compliance and communicate practice level improvement strategies to Key Account Managers
- Support in processing monthly rebate payments for designated accounts
- Maintain current and accurate records of all customer interactions and meeting actions within the CRM system
- Maintain current and accurate records of agreed rebate terms for all designated accounts
- Maintain current and accurate records of National Account member changes
- Use Salesforce data to interpret buying trends and monitor account sales and volume developments
- Maintain a good level of technical product knowledge
- Previous National Account Management experience within the veterinary industry is essential
- Exceptional negotiation skills and sales ability
- A confident, likeable and persistent personality
- Expert level skills on Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional business acumen and commercial judgement
- Exceptional planning, time management and facilitating skills with a strong focus on delivering strategic goals
- Highly credible with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK regularly and make infrequent visits to our Head Office in Loughrea