Veterinary Product Support Manager
About Chanelle Pharma:
Chanelle Pharma is Ireland’s largest indigenous generic pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and veterinary products.
Serving customers in 96 countries worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is a partner of choice in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products to the world’s leading human generic and animal health multinationals and distributors. We are passionate about understanding and addressing the challenges facing our medical and veterinary customers and bringing them innovative and effective products and solutions.
Building on over 35 years of research and development, with over 4,500 licenses registered worldwide, Chanelle Pharma is headquartered on an 18-acre campus in Loughrea, Co Galway, with three manufacturing facilities, four research and development laboratories and a fifth R&D laboratory in Jordan. The company employs 550 people in Ireland, UK, Jordan and India. At Chanelle Pharma our employees drive our success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in our diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career, and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
Chanelle Pharma has a proven track record of innovation and makes a significant investment in R&D annually and has doubled its sales growth in the last 5 years.
In 2018, the company announced an €85 million investment, the single largest investment by any Irish owned company, to double manufacturing capacity, launch 96 new products and grow its workforce to 850 people over a period of 5 years. As part of the investment, Chanelle opened a purpose built €10 million manufacturing facility in 2018 for the company’s expansion plans into the US market. The facility received FDA approval in September 2019.
Chanelle Pharma is on an ambitious growth trajectory and expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. The company won 2018 Pharma Company of the Year and Industry Company of Year, the first indigenous Irish company to win the award.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Chanelle Pharma’s, Vet UK division. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive Chanelle Pharma’s vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Head of National Accounts, providing technical product support to our team of Key Account Managers, as well as an array of differing customer groups. Our portfolio of POM-V products is rapidly expanding and covers a broad range of therapy areas across companion animal, large animal and equine.
This is a new role which will have a broad and varied remit. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape many aspects of the role but some key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Supporting the Vet UK team and customer base with technical input to aid in achieving target sales for the UK veterinary portfolio
- Supporting the central marketing team with technical input to ensure that strategy, communication and technical support materials are clinically relevant and encourage conversion to Chanelle Pharma branded products
- Identify gaps in the Vet UK marketing strategy and liaise with internal stakeholders to generate new and innovative product support material
- Maintaining regular contact with Vet UK customer base, understanding their training needs for existing products but also identifying opportunities for increased awareness of other Chanelle Pharma branded products
- Maintaining regular contact with the Vet UK customer base, understanding their requirements for new products and actives entering the UK market
- Compile, maintain and update a ‘Vet UK New Product Development Catalogue’, highlighting new actives, products and presentations with key opportunity for growth
- Writing business cases providing justification for the development of new actives, products and presentations
- Working closely with R&D and Product Development to ensure that the new product development catalogue is considered and where necessary, actioned
- Supporting relevant project teams by providing relevant technical information during the development phase of new products
- Create and present technical slide decks to key customer and internal commercial teams
- Provide and deliver technical support at congresses, exhibitions and CPD events
- Building profitable relationships with Key Opinion Leaders who may support in product development, product testimonials and case studies
- Handling technical queries in a timely, efficient and well documented manner
- Maintaining current and accurate records of all customer interaction within the internal CRM system
- Remaining abreast of industry trends, developments and challenges, feeding back insights of note to commercial teams
- Provide regular technical training and development modules on therapy areas, existing Chanelle Pharma Vet UK products, or new indications to ensure that Chanelle Pharma staff and customers have sound product understanding
- A proven willingness to increase knowledge across all species and therapy areas
- You will already possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to show a willingness to develop commercial acumen and commercial judgement
- Ability to develop profitable, long-term relationships with industry Key Opinion Leaders
- A highly credible individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively with the customer and internal personnel
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK regularly and make infrequent visits to our Head Office in Loughrea
- A degree in Veterinary Medicine and at least 3 years’ experience in practice
- You will ideally have experience working across all species areas, but this is not essential
- High level skills using Microsoft office, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word